A Concise Guide to Calgary’s Top 10 Vacation Attractions for the Month of March
During the week of March Break, it is a wonderful opportunity to go out and discover the city of Calgary. It doesn’t matter if you’re seeking for family-friendly attractions, indoor activities, or outdoor excursions, there is something for everyone to take pleasure in.
The following is a list of our top 10 recommendations for things to do in Calgary during the week of March Break.
Events Conducted Outside
- Skiing and Snowboarding at Canada Olympic Park Canada Olympic Park, which is located just 15 minutes from the heart of Calgary, is a place that skiers and snowboarders who are passionate about their sports just cannot miss. There are lots of chances for skiers and snowboarders of varying ability levels, since there are 17 routes, a half-pipe, and a terrain park at this ski resort.
- Skating on the Ice at Olympic Plaza Olympic Plaza, which is situated in the middle of downtown Calgary, is an excellent location for ice skating. During March Break, the skating rink will be open on a daily basis and skate rentals will be available.
- If you’re searching for an outdoor sport that’s a little less hectic, cross-country skiing at Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park is a fantastic choice. This park is located in Canmore, Alberta, and has some of the best cross-country skiing in the area. The park offers approximately 65 kilometres of tracks that have been groomed for skiers to explore, and it is located around an hour’s drive from Calgary.
Activities Conducted Within
- Pay a Visit to the Calgary Zoo: The Calgary Zoo is a fantastic destination to check out while on spring break. There are approximately 900 different creatures from all around the world, so there is a lot to see and do here. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to visit the Penguin Plunge exhibit, which has an underwater viewing area as well as a penguin stroll.
- Discover the TELUS Spark Science Centre: The TELUS Spark Science Centre, which is located only a few minutes away from the heart of downtown Calgary, is a site that science fans of all ages absolutely must miss. There are many things to discover and gain knowledge about, including live demonstrations, hands-on activities, and interactive exhibitions.
- Visit the Glenbow Museum: If you want to learn more about the history and culture of Western Canada, the Glenbow Museum is an excellent location to go. There are about 1.3 million artefacts, works of art, and papers in the collection, so there is a lot to see and investigate.
Attractions that Are Suitable for Families
- Visit the Calgary Tower and enjoy the breathtaking views of the city that can be had from the observation deck at the top of the Calgary Tower. The Calgary Tower, which is 191 metres tall, offers visitors a perspective of the city and the surroundings that surround it in every direction. There is also a glass floor available for those who are daring enough to stand 525 feet above the earth and experience the rush that comes along with it.
- Visit the Calgary Corn Maze & Fun Farm: If you are searching for an activity that will keep the whole family entertained for an entire day, the Calgary Corn Maze & Fun Farm is the perfect place to go. Everyone will find something they want to do at this event because there are so many different things to do, such as a corn maze, pumpkin patch, petting zoo, and more.
- Participate in the Activities at the Calgary Farmers’ Market The Calgary Farmers’ Market is a fun place to participate in activities such as tasting locally grown produce, artisanal goods, and baked goods. With over 80 different merchants, there is a wide variety of things to see, try, and discover. For the duration of March Break, there will be live music and events taking place.
Whether you’re seeking for exciting outdoor activities, fun indoor pursuits, or attractions that are suitable for the whole family, Calgary has something to offer each and every visitor during March Break.
Take advantage of your time in the city by participating in some of these top 10 activities and visiting some of the city’s most popular sites.