If you have a hard to get to leak in your hot tub, Fix A Leak is a product for you. Made specifically to quickly solve leak repairs for spas and hot tubs. Fix-A-Leak is a blended concentrated material designed to seal leaks in most plumbing. Normally Fix-A-Leak will seal holes 1/8″ in diameter.
This product requires pressure to ensure it’s impacted into the area of the leak. Leaks created by a crack in a pipe, in all probability, will be sealed. The leak may reoccur due to vibration, which in turn will migrate in size, recreating the leak.
Directions For Use:
- First, determine water loss in a 24 hour period
- Fill to the original level, mark water line
- Remove all cartridges or filtering devices
- Slowly add Fix-A-Leak with the pump running through the skimmer
- Recirculate for 6-8 hours. Shut system off
- Check water level the following day
- If the level remains the same, the leak has stopped
- Allow 48 hours before resuming operation
- It’s recommended not the use spa till the leak is fixed and the remainder of Fix-A-Leak is filtered out.
- If Leak has slowed and not totally stopped, you may add more product to increase the strength of the solution already in the spa
- Stir Fix-A-Leak in the spa with a soft broom to get the solution back into suspension
- Follow steps 5-8 as before