As a hot tub owner, you’re probably aware of the maintenance and regular care that a spa requires.
Between testing water and adjusting chemicals, you may have never stopped and thought about your hot tub cover. If you have a hot tub cover, cleaning it is an essential part of your maintenance routine.
Clean hot tub covers last longer and function better, which makes it important to take care of them.
You may be wondering how to clean your hot tub cover, but it’s easier than you think.
Step 1: Remove the Hot Tub Cover
If you want to get your cover as clean as possible, you’ll need to remove it from your tub. Each cover is a little different, but you shouldn’t have too much trouble.
Before beginning, consult your hot tub manual to make sure there aren’t any special steps for removing it.
If you have a hot tub cover lifter, reading your manual is essential so that you don’t damage it.
Step 2: Prepare for Cleaning
- Find a good spot to place your hot tub cover upside down. You can place it in the grass or on your patio upside down.
- When looking for a spot make sure there aren’t any rocks, sticks, or nails that could damage your cover.
- Once you’ve found a suitable area, make sure you have a hose and a few clothes you don’t mind getting stained or dirty.
Step 3: Clean the Bottom of Your Cover
- Start by rinsing off the bottom of your hot tub cover with water. The water will help remove any chemicals that have splashed on the underside of the cover.
- You can remove most chemical stains with water, but you may want to use a cleaning solution too.
- A simple mixture of vinegar and water should help remove the tougher stains, but for tougher jobs, we do recommend visiting your local hot tub store for a cover cleansing solution.
- After using a cleaning solution, rinse your cover again and dry it.
Step 4: Clean the Vinyl
For the vinyl side of your cover, the cleaning method is similar to cleaning the underside. However, you may want to do an extra step to increase the life of your cover.
After the vinyl is completely dry, you can apply a small amount of UV protectant to it. UV protectant will keep your cover from becoming sun-bleached and crack-free.
It may be easier to apply a UV protectant once you’ve reinstalled your cover.
Depending on how dirty your cover is, a simple wipe down with a wet cloth may be all that’s necessary.
More Hot Tub Cleaning Information in Calgary
Whether you’re new to owning a hot tub or a seasoned veteran, you can always use a reliable source of information. Jacuzzi Hot Tubs of Calgary is here to help you with any questions you have.
Besides information, we can provide you with hot tub accessories that make maintenance a breeze. For more care tips, check out our blog.